I am a woman on a mission. The mission is to get my life back the way that it was over Summer only better
. Many things have improved and many things have fallen out of cupboards since then, including moving house (stressful and there are still umpteen little jobs that neither kangeiko
nor I actually have the time to do), being ill, getting a new chap, dealing with more workload / new working schedule at the theatre, making space for "personal time" (recovering vital sanity points), Doing Pagan Stuff, plus too many additional projects going live at once: making Theatre Happen
, making LARP happen
, actually doing LARP
and trying to come up with witty and well written pieces of text for a fabulous new website
* Most of this stuff has been really good, and I'm very happy to have done / be doing it, but I do feel like I am running very hard to keep up and bits of my immune system are now telling me to sit down in a very serious, finger wagging way.
Things that have fallen by the wayside in order to manage all of this without becoming more insane than is acceptable in my day-to-day** or replacing all of my internal fluids with caffeine and petrol I have Not Seen Enough of My Friends or Family
and Not Looked After Self Enough
. This then resulted in the blindingly obvious outcome that I turned into a sickly hermit. I am now thinking that not being a sickly hermit would be a good plan.
Being orginisationally inclined, I've come up with a list (I love lists) and to try and work out what I need to do to get from here to there. I've also come to the end of my Glorious Five Year plan, what with turning 30 this Saturday and all, so I do need to come up with a bit more of a longer term set of aspirations. But that can wait until January, especially as I hear it's traditional to do such things. For the moment here is what I shall be doing, it's not rocket science
- Get back to the gym. Three times a week. This involves a two pronged tactic of getting up earlier and joining a gym closer to the new place. I have realised that whilst my old gym is a mere 1 tube stop away that is all it takes in order to make me Fail at working out.
- Eat better. It's gotten cold. I have a cold. That means I've been going "sod it! I need the energy" everytime I even think about Krispy Kreme donuts***
- See people. I'm very good at seeing people for regular, pre-arranged meetups like Changeling or other roleplay related things. I'm also kind of good at making time to see the chap (I hear that when one is seeing someone one should actually, you know, see them) What I'm very poor at is last minute adhoc things or anything whereby the other person can't block and confirm a date months into the future. This isn't helped by the fact that two evenings a week I work late so can't meet up after work.
* Why yes, this is a plug. Plug, plug, pluggity plug
** Fortunately this is a reasonably high level anyway